Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mail Call


I LOVE writing letters and receiving letters too! There is just something about knowing, that someone took time out of their busy life to put their thoughts and feelings into words; and mail it off to you. Email will NEVER have anything over a beautifully hand written letter on paper; it’s so impersonal. When I was younger, I use to write letters all the time; it was fun and I enjoyed it. But, slowly people stopped writing me back. I felt like no one really cared to read my words; my feelings, and no one really cared about my beautiful stationary as much as I did. I use email and text messaging all the time. I’m into technology, but letters are personal. I’ve always felt, and been told, that I express myself better when I write my feelings down. I agree with that, because sometimes it just doesn’t come out the way I thought it would. 

Awhile back I came across Nnenna’s blog, "Star-Crossed Smile" and read about the Correspondence Club she started. I was really excited to see others out there, which still have a love for letters. I sent an email to her and I received my first pen pal the next month. Every month I’ll receive a new pen pal. So maybe this new club will reignite my love for writing letters.

My first pen pal was Sara, from “Falling Stars Taste Like Metal on My Tongue”. She lives in Slovenia, Europe. I had never heard of Slovenia, until now. Her letter to me was really beautiful; as well as the gifts she included! For someone that only knows me from checking out my blog, she had very nice things to say about me. I hope she enjoyed my letter and a few goodies that I sent her. 



I hope this post inspires you to get out your pretty stationary and write to someone. Letter writing is a lost art; don't allow it to become extinct. Click on the picture below to find out how you can join the Correspondence Club and receive a pen pal too!

The Correspondence Club


**AND lastly... Please join me over at Rachael's blog, "Island Girl Insights" for her monthly blog hop. Click below on the blue heart to join:
Island Girl Insights

12 comments:

  1. I love handwritten notes. I was actually just browsing on Etsy for some pretty stationary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Etsy has sooo many beautiful things!!

      Delete
  2. I love pretty stationary, and I love to write but I always feel like the other person doesn't care about what I am writing or that I'm too boring lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've felt the same way, many times.

      Delete
  3. hi there, ashlie! first of all, it's amazing to see my things on your blog. :) I just got your package yesterday and it was really wonderful! :3 and secondly, I just wrote another letter for you and I will be sending on monday; I just wanted to let you know. I hope you're having a lovely day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I can't wait to receive your letter. And yes... today is a lovely day! :)

      Delete
  4. i love handwritten letters/notes, they make it feel more personalised and its great that the person is taking their time to write something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! Thanks for stopping by. I checked out your blog, The Ugly Moments; I enjoy your posts! Visit again!

      Delete
  5. I'm gunnar sign up to take part in this next month, thanks for bringing it to my attention. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! Hope you find an awesome pen pal!

      Delete
  6. Oh Ashlie, you don't know how much this post warms my heart! I feel exactly the way that you do about handwritten notes/letters, which is why I started the club back in February. I'm SO glad that you've enjoyed taking part and exchanging letters with Sara. Thank you so much for spreading the word about the club! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much... and you're welcome!

      Delete

What are you thinking? I'd like to know!